It’s planned that the annual local history exhibition will take place in the Village Hall (1pm to 4pm) with lots of displays, photographs and information about life in the parish in years gone by.
There will be a wide range of displays, copies of all the Heritage Bank books for sale and more ...
We hope to be able to display dozens of the fascinating photographs of the community which were taken by Buriton’s Don Eades during his 25 years as the photographer for the Petersfield Post.
Other displays are likely to feature:
- hop growing and picking - activities which transformed the parish every year
- the Buriton and Butser chalk quarries and lime works - another local industry of yesteryear
- our local school - how things have changed over the last 150 years
- changes in leisure activities - not just information about football and cricket teams over the years, but also pheasant and rabbit shoots, early entertainments and social clubs
- changes in farming the countryside around the village.
Come along and see how much local history has been brought together.
The event is free, and everyone is encouraged to bring any old photos, newspaper articles or other information relating to Buriton, Weston, Nursted or Ditcham.
More details about the Buriton Heritage Bank local history project are available via www.buriton.org.uk
If you know of anybody else who might have any information or be able to help with research in any way, please contact Doug Jones on 01730 231326 or via firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.buriton.org.uk