Following the Prime Minister’s announcement on the evening of 4th January, this area is now part of the national lockdown.
This means people should stay at home.
The single most important action we can all take is to stay at home to protect the NHS and save lives.
People can leave their homes to:
- shop for basic necessities, for themselves or for a vulnerable person
- go to work, or provide voluntary or charitable services, if these cannot reasonably be done from home
- exercise with your household (or support bubble) or with one other person, this should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area
- meet your support bubble or childcare bubble where necessary, but only if you are legally permitted to form one
- seek medical assistance or avoid injury, illness or risk of harm (including domestic abuse)
- attend education or childcare - for those eligible.
As well as local help and information on this website (here) people can also visit the EHDC website: