Reporting Environmental Problems

The District Council has an online reporting system so that residents can tell them about environmental problems and nuisance.

This covers a range of environmental issues including noise, bright lights, smells, fly-tipping and other types of pollution.

Here is a link to East Hampshire District Council’s online reporting system:

Fly-tipping can be reported in the following ways:

  • If you see the offence being committed ring the Police on 101 giving full details
  • Contacting EHDC’s customer services on 0300 300 0013.
  • Using an online contact us form

The District Council suggests that, if you have a complaint, it is best to discuss it initially with the person or organisation responsible. "They may not realise they are causing a problem. Try to be reasonable, otherwise your discussions are likely to end in further argument. Explain the details of your complaint and try to agree on a reasonable solution or compromise. You should only contact the council after you have tried all reasonable efforts to resolve the issue with the person or organisation responsible. If the situation does not improve, then call the Environmental Protection Team on 01730 234360 or report a nuisance online."