Sometime between 9.30 am and 12 noon on Sunday 27th August unknown person/s have gained access to a property in Kiln Lane, Buriton. A rear window was broken and some cash was stolen.
The police have issued the following information and advice:
- Always report any suspicious activity to the police on 101 or anonymously via the Crimestoppers charity on 0800 555 111.
- If you are in the garden or upstairs, make sure your downstairs doors and windows are closed.
- Don’t leave your house unattended with windows open and unlocked – even for just a minute.
- If you are going away, ask a neighbour or friend to check your house regularly, pulling curtains when your timer switches are due to come on.
- Buy timer switches for lamps and radios to give the impression that someone is home.
- Don’t leave valuables on show through unscreened windows.
- Install an alarm system and ensure the alarm box is clearly visible.
- Don’t leave keys in doors – remove them and keep them close at hand but out of sight where you can easily find them in an emergency.
- Never leave a key under a doormat or on a string through the letterbox.
- For further advice please contact your local Neighbourhood Policing Team or visit www.hampshire.police.uk and type in your postcode to find your local policing pages.