Our Traditional Village Show, but this year with a twist.
A Food and Flower Festival.
Come for lunch from 12.30pm
Our traditional village horticultural show, including fruit, vegetables, flowers, baking, preserves, arts and crafts will be held on Saturday 11 August. This is a week earlier than in recent years, to avoid a clash with the bigger event in the QE Country Park.
This year we are running the show a little earlier and incorporating a food and flower festival. Come from 12.30 to sample a wide variety of foods for both instant consumption and to take away. Among the attractions will be:
- Jake's Artisan Pies - produced very locally in Nursted;
- Mrs B's bees with sales of honey and a working hive on display;
- Niche Coffee with demonstration of a new hi-tech grinder;
- Hog Roast with all the trimmings;
- Hawthorn Gin;
- Five Bells Vegetarian Food;
- Mary's Cup Cakes - try your hand at icing!
- Buzz's Apple Juice and Jams;
- Meats from local farms to order;
- Ice Cream Van
- Vegetable exchange - come and swap your excess produce - or donate in the honesty box
and we are still in negotiations with other local producers.
In the Show Ring in the afternoon you can see the judging of the hottest Chilli competition and a gin-tasting event with a panel of experts, courtesy of Hawthorn Gin.
And of course we will still have some children's races, the hotly contested round-the-field race for the Buriton Memorial Shield and our usual and ever-popular egg-tossing contest.